Cannot laod symbols??
jonpb
2008-09-23 18:53:37 UTC
Debugging a native dll, how is it possible that the debugger cannot load
symbols for .cpp documents compiled into the running project? This makes
absolutely no sense to me. I only experience this problem in VS2008, I
never had this problem in VC6.

I have set the Debugger Type to Native Only, I have deleted my .pdb file
and Clean Solution, then Rebuild Solution. What else do you have to do?
Martin T.
2008-09-24 07:58:10 UTC
Post by jonpb
Debugging a native dll, how is it possible that the debugger cannot load
symbols for .cpp documents compiled into the running project? This makes
absolutely no sense to me. I only experience this problem in VS2008, I
never had this problem in VC6.
I have set the Debugger Type to Native Only, I have deleted my .pdb file
and Clean Solution, then Rebuild Solution. What else do you have to do?
You might be able to track it down further by looking at the [Debug] >
[Windows] > [Modules] Window.
It lists all loaded modules and also displays the symbol information for
each module.

br,
Martin